PUBLISHERS AND PRINTERS IN SLOVENIA
Johann Georg Heptner's Ljubljana Printing Press
In 1759, Janez Jurij Heptner (1724-1764) took over the printing house of Ana Elizabeta, the widow of Adam Frederick Reichardt, and for a few years became the official regional printer.
Heptner's prints were mainly of religious content, but he also printed official acts of the land, occasional prints and the bulletins of the Ljubljana Jesuit College. He also printed Latin and German books. Among Heptner's Slovenian prints are also Pessem od Marie Divize Kralize and the Repež's Nebešku blagu. \nIn 1765, after his death, but still bearing his name, Pohlin's Abecedika was published by the Heptner's printing house. In 1761 he married Maria Theresa Gerson who, after his death, ran the enterprise until the end of 1764. The next year, she married the printer Janez Friderik Ege, and founded a printing and publishing house that operated in Ljubljana until 1873.
The collection comprises a selection of Heptner prints from the National and University Library and the Jože Udovič Library, which were appropriate for digitisation.

Eger's Ljubljana Printing Press and Publishing House
The Ljubljana Eger family of printers and publishers was active from 1765 until 1873. The first member, Johann Friderik Eger, married the widow of printer Johann Georg Heptner in 1765 and took over the Heptner company. He printed official publications and books, textbooks, and newspapers in Latin, German, Italian, and Slovenian. He printed or published works of Linhart, Pohlin, Dev, as well as Vodnik's newspapers. After 1799, the printing press was run by his widow for some time. His son Johann Leopold (1773–1829), who learned the craft from his father, married the owner of former Merk’s printing press. After his mother's death in 1800, he probably united the two businesses. He was succeeded by his third wife Rosalia who ran the printing press until her death (1781). In 1873 her daughter Julijana leased the printing works to its long-time managers who eventually bought it off.
The collection includes a selection of books and other prints by Johann Frederik, Maria Theresa, and Johann Leopold Eger from the National and University Library, the Ljubljana City Library, the Jože Udovič Public Library in Cerknica, and The Slovenian Museum of Natural History, which were suitable for digitization. It will be completed with later prints by Eger family.

Adam Friderik Reichardt's printing house in Ljubljana
Adam Friderik Reichardt became the owner of the Mayr printing house in Ljubljana around 1731. He was the official municipal and provincial printer. He printed official printed documents for the Ljubljana City Magistrate Office, material of religious and theological content, historical and legal works. Reichardt printed in Slovenian, Latin, German and Italian. Among important works printed in his printing house is Steinberg's description of the Lake Cerknica from 1758 entitled Gründliche Nachricht von dem in dem Inner-Crain gelegenen Czirknitzer-See. In twenty-nine years, his printing house printed some fifty major works (with reprints), half of them (some twenty-five) in the Slovenian language. With only a few exceptions, all Slovenian book production of the central region of the period was printed by Reichardt. In his will, he left his printing house to his under-age son. His widow Anna Elizabet ran it as a trustee for about two more years before selling it to Janez Jurij Heptner.
The collection comprises a selection of Reichardt prints from the collections of the National and University Library and the Municipal Library of Ljubljana, which were appropriate for digitisation.

Typographia Mayriana Labacensis
Nearly a century's break in the field of printing activity in Carniola since Joannes Manlius's extradition ended by the arrival of typographer and bookseller Joannes Baptista Mayr from Salzburg (1634–1708). He came to Ljubljana in 1678 at the invitation of the Carniolan states, and theologian and historian Johann Ludwig Schönleben. During more than fifty years of its operation, Mayr's printing house published several Latin, German, and Slovenian scientific, educational, literary, philosophical, and religious works, including those written by the members of Academia Operosorum. After Mayr’s death, his son Joseph Thaddaeus took over the printing press and the bookshop. His widow Anna Barbara ran the printing house until 1705 and was followed by her son Johann Georg. Around 1731, Adam Friderik Reichardt took over the company.
Presented in the collection is a selection of prints from the National and University Library's collections that were suitable for digitization, as well as some copies of Mayr's prints that are kept at the Miran Jarc Library in Novo mesto, and in the Ljubljana City Library.

Typographia Joannis Manlii
Printer, bookbinder, and bookseller Janez Mandelc (also Janez Mandelc, Hans Mannel or Joannes Manlius) came to Ljubljana in the spring of 1575 at Jurij Dalmatin and Jurij Khisl's invitation. As soon as he obtained permission to set up a printing press by the States, he issued Johann Salicetus's speech against the Turks, while in the autumn of 1575, he also published Dalmatin’s translation of Jesus Sirah. Because of the tense religious and political situation, Archduke Karl banned printing in Ljubljana in 1851. Amidst the preparations for printing Dalmatin's translation of the Bible, Mandelc was banished from Carniola. He left the Duchy in the spring of 1582 and continued his activity in several towns in western Hungary, Burgenland, and Croatia. Although his press operated only for a short time, it was crucial for the introduction of black art in the Slovenian territory. 28 Mandelc's Ljubljana prints are known today.
A selection of Manlius's prints that are kept at the National and University Library's collections and were suitable for digitization, as well as one copy from the Danish Royal Library is presented in this collection.